Monday, January 19, 2009

Elizabeth Esper

Let me introduce you to the new love of my life.


Gerald has uploaded a few pictures to his flickr account - I'm not sure if there's an exact link yet. He had a bit of trouble with the website while we were still in the hospital, and I know he's planning on working with the pics some more today. As soon as we have a link, we'll share it with you. For now, though, his username is isptech151, and I think you can look him up that way.

We have our first pediatric visit today. I'm looking forward to seeing how she's developed since coming home. She's quite an eater, and we're both learning how best to feed her. I never realized how much something so natural would not come naturally to both parties. ;-) I'm in charge of baby-input, and Gerald's in charge of "output." He's great in the burping/changing department. He's actually great with everything. I'm quite the lucky girl!!

I'm sure you're wondering, "Esper?!? Huh?!" Well, we've loved the name Hope from the start - the French word "esperer" literally means "to hope." Gerald liked the idea of "Englishifying" it, and came up with Esper. I just love it! God truly gave us hope and our daughter is an answer to many prayers. Plus - it's unique!

Well, let me go rescue her from the comforts of her Boppy - she's sacked out on the couch, all swaddled and bundled and sweet. I could just eat her up. Oh, and if you stop by, please leave a comment and say hello. I'd love to know who's here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blessing! I know you are in awe of how perfect she is. Hang in there with the feeding-it does get easier. Thanks for sharing the pic. I am so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

Picture sets are here still working on all the videos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kod/sets/72157612699531593/with/3210063878/

Gerald

Ryan and Kelly said...

She's adorable...and I have to say she looks almost as cute as I was as a baby...J/K she's much cuter! Love yall...and may God bless you with 20 more!

Ryan

Amie said...

Can't say it enough...she's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Dad made this easier. Just go here and it'll redirect you there: http://pics.rcoon.com/

Gerald