Hi all... We're doing well here, in Chez Coon. Gerald is off for the next couple of weeks as we adjust to life as new parents. I've come down with a wicked cold - possibly bronchitis. Yesterday, Gerald took me to the doctor and they say it could be bronchitis. Because I'm technically full-term, I'm able to take a broad spectrum antibiotic, in case it is bronchitis. If the antibiotic doesn't help, then we'll know it's just a cold virus, and we're both fighting the HELL out of our symptoms. Yes, we. Gerald's feeling a little puny, as well. We both want to be over the worst of this before our baby girl shows up. If today is any indication, I think we will be. We both slept well last night, and I feel a bit more human again after actually shaving my legs. :-) My appetite has come back with a vengeance. I've gotten plenty of rest and fluids. Just FYI - a 9-month pregnant woman should never cough unless she's on the potty. I'm just saying.
Our hospital bag is somewhat packed. (Gotta finish a bit of laundry and collect some hospital room entertainment.) Gerald's got the camera already in the laptop bag. I have to remember to bring my pillow and the Boppy. Within the next few days, we'll install the car seat base, ready for our baby girl's first car ride. My brain is in about five million places right now. I know that in 36 short hours, though, all this spinning will stop, and I'll be able to focus on such a bright spot that nothing else in the world will matter. It will be as if I'm tethered to one spot by my heartstrings for my daughter.
I know we're past Christmas. (Of course, tell that to the Nativity still on my mantle and the fully decked tree in the corner of my living room.) I know the story doesn't parallel my own, but this past holiday season has been split for me. While the whole world watched in wait for a *different* Baby to be born, my mind and heart kept getting drawn inward, to my own baby. I found myself many times focusing more on my own preparations than preparing for Jesus's birthday. Maybe it's because, as joyous as it is, I've celebrated 30 of those already. Maybe I'm celebrating God's Greatest Gift by celebrating the one He's giving to us - the one we've hoped for for so long. On Christmas Eve, our church celebrated with a live vocalist and a video much like the one you see here. I hadn't heard the song before, but the moment she opened her mouth, I began weeping tears of anticipation because I knew what she was singing about. On many levels.
I've heard it many times from many places. It can be implied in many ways, but this Christmas season I've truly learned - A Baby Changes Everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Thanks for the update!! Prayers for the three of you this week! And I adore that song, its beautiful. Is that Faith Hill singing?
Yep - that's Faith Hill. The girl who sang it at our church could be her voice double. Thanks for the prayers.
can't wait to see pictures of the gorgeous girl...both of you!
i was tearing up by the time i reached the end of your post. maybe partly b/c i just went through the experience of having a baby, too. i am excited for you to go through it and get to meet your little girl. there's just nothing like it!! :) our prayers are with you!
Ginny!!! Hey there Ryan here...took me like an hour to find your blog. Found it though! How's my new little 2nd cousin? Congradulation to you and Gerald on your new little blessing from God. Kelly and I are working on it, but no sign yet. I miss yall so much. Kelly and I started a blog about 2 weeks ago if you want to check us out...www.lograce.com. Post some pics when you get a chance, and tell Gerald I said "what's up". Bye for now!
Post a Comment