Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Update

Hey Yall! I'm glad you've stopped by. Be sure to leave me a note and let me know you were here. I love to read your comments!!

I'll go in reverse order of the weekend so far. I'm planning on making Shrimp and Crawfish Etouffee tonight. The spell-check on Blogger are alerting me to "Crawfish" and "Etouffee" as being misspelled. I wonder what happens when I type Tchoupitoulas. Yep. Red Dotted Line. (checking google to make sure I spelled it correctly... and "google" is also dotted. sheesh!) Anyway, I'm cooking up a storm tonight. I guess that means my energy and appetite are back. I found a pack of frozen crawfish tails at HT last week, (for $7 a pound!) and I'm combining them with some shrimp to make a recipe I found online. I'll let yall know how it turns out.

Today we did church, and we didn't skip "Big Church" like we did last week. Okay, yall. Raise your hand if you've ever called the adult or "main" service "Big Church" compared to Children's Church or Sunday School. Gerald and I attend the Middle School service upstairs at 8:45, then generally go downstairs for Big Church at 10:15. I said something like that to someone at work, and she was like, "Big Church?!?" I had to explain. Is that a southern thing? A Louisiana thing?

Anyway, last night Gerald and I went to the Durham Bulls baseball game with his work. So. Much. Fun! We had been to a game before with some of my workmates, but we sat way out in the outfield. Last night we were along the first baseline, a couple dozen yards behind first base. I had a hot dog for dinner, listeria be damned, and it was goooooood! It was Baseball Game Good! I totally could've eaten the cotton candy and sno-cones they were hawking, but I was good. :-) Should've gotten some peanuts, though. The game was pretty good. We left at probably the bottom of the 8th, when the Rochester Redwings tied up the score with a grand-slam, so I had to trawl the World Wide Interwebs to find out the outcome. I got some great pictures, and Gerald and I even had a constructive discussion on photography techniques. :-| The Durham Athletic Park is a beautiful area. It's a revitalized downtown tobacco factory, and there's a beautiful faux river running through the area, which smells more and more like a chlorinated swimming pool the closer you get to the source. Very pretty, though!

Still walking backward through my weekend... Saturday afternoon I spent at our neighborhood pool to help celebrate my neighbor-kid's 11th Birthday. Woo! I totally didn't wear my swimsuit or any sunscreen, so I stayed under the patio the whole time (about an hour and a half) and panted. Apparently pregnancy hormones can cause you to become winded easily. (All you mamas out there can give me a shout-out on that one!) I didn't spend much time there, though, as I had to nap before going to the baseball game. (see above!)

Saturday Morning I worked. Blah blah.

Friday afternoon, my friend Janice invited me over for tea and cookies :-) with her and her four year-old daughter. We had a wonderful afternoon of conversation and laughs. It's great to find a new old friend! I even helped her with some birthday present decisions. Her daughters were invited to 2 parties on Saturday, and she was unsure what gifts to give: Polly Pocket Princess Crap (or something less crude) or a personalized caddy with girlie bath stuff. I told her go with the girlie stuff, and I spent 3 hours (or so) cuteseying-up the inexpensive caddies with paint pens. I. LOVED. IT. I think it's something I could do for a little side job. Stay tuned for more ideas on that. :-)

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, except for the few of you who love spoilers and scrolled down immediately. Turkeys!

Here's my little baby Pistache! S/he looks like Daddy in this picture, I think. It has a little Five-Head (bigger than a forehead) like we knew it would. Look at us! We'll find out what we're having (other than A BABY) when I go for my next u/s at 5 months. So, no pictures between now and then, but this should suffice, right?

Enjoy!

3 comments:

PD said...

The little peanut! Cool... Nice park any foul balls?

David and Aleecia said...

Great! Thanks so much for the pic -- well, all the pics, but especially the last one! =-) Love you guys!

Amie said...

aww! look at the itty bitty teeny lil baby!!!