
When did I become a grownup? Was it this afternoon when Gerald and I signed our mortgage application? Yep. You heard me. Our offer on the house was accepted. We close February 15th. Happy Valentines Day, eh? Here's a photo of the house. (pardon me if it doesn't work. it's my first blog-photo-posting. if it works, expect shameless displays of pics from here on out.)
Specs on the house:
4 bedrooms (yes, you'll have your own bedroom when you come visit, and we won't make you sleep on the futon or the air-bed again!), 2 and a half baths, gas fireplace, formal living/dining area, very nice kitchen, back family room area that'll probably be a den/study area, deck, alarm system. SQFT is 1950. It's very nice!!!
God is amazing in how he worked with this situation. Since mid-November, we'd already made 2 offers and both were declined. We saw a nice house this past Sunday afternoon on yet another round of viewings. We thought we might make an offer, but weren't too sure of it. We were becoming a bit weary of the process of finding/buying a house. It looked like we weren't going to find "the one" this time around... we started to lower our expectations, and by that I mean we dropped our price range and started searching with less specs in mind (no garage, no fireplace, possibly dodgy neighborhoods). Gerald scheduled some viewings with Barbara this Monday-past. It so happened that a house had just come onto the market THAT MORNING that was in the same neighborhood as the Sunday-viewing house was (nice 'hood, by the way. not dodgy at all). Apparently, it struck Gerald so much that he called me to see if I could spare an hour from work to see the house. I drove out there and was wowed. Not in a spectacularly blown-away feeling, but in a "I feel like I already live here" kind of way. It's amazing how God can work! We put an offer together that day. They accepted that night. That was Monday. The seller didn't even have time to post pictures of the house. Otherwise, I'd have sent out the link ages ago! (tee hee!)
We have our inspection scheduled for Monday morning, and Gerald will be taking the digital camera along. You can expect some photos soon after, I'm sure.
Anyway, so that's what we've been up to. After a not-so-subtle hint from our Resident Martha, I decided to update my blog and let you in on my little life. I guess I could be doing it a little more often then. I'm a slacker. :-P. Okay. Now I'm going to save this, then read all of YOUR little blogs!




No comments:
Post a Comment