Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Time Flies

Hello you! Thanks for coming back, just to see what I'm up to, if anything. Sitting in my EMPTY living room, wondering what to do, what to dooooo....

Aha! I'll blog. I doubt it burns as many calories as I need to burn, but hey, whatever. Gerald and I have lived in NC for all of 11 days. Yeppers. Eleven days living out of a suitcase and sleeping on an air-bed. We got word today (finally) that our furniture and boxes arrive tomorrow morning around 9:00. So, for the next many days I'll be unpacking and arranging our home. I'm really looking forward to that chance. I wondered out loud to some NYC friends before we left: "I'm worried I'll spend my days doing nothing, just like I do when I have days-off of work." One wise gal said probably not... because my job will be to become the "home manager." It won't be a "day off" feeling. I hope that's true!

I don't know if I want to go back to work with Sylvan just yet. I love the company and how it can change lives (even mine, really!), and I hope to find my place in their center... in due time.

So, check back with me in about a week, and we'll see how I'm feeling about staying home. ;-)

2 comments:

Raleigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raleigh said...

Glad to hear that your funiture will be arriving soon...I'm sure you'll find plenty to do, and if not, there's always scrappin' or another hobby! Soon the weather will be nice and if there's a closeby park, maybe do some people watching and read? Enjoy it while you can b/c after the kiddos come along, yoiu learn how much sleep you can really live without!